Monday, December 26, 2005

Almost Forgot About the Party!

I guess I could tell you a little about our Company Christmas Party! I was so wrapped up about the house and forgot to tell you about the good time I had!
I didn't really want to go to begin with because I honestly didn't think that I would have a good time. But as usual, I was wrong. I spent my whole night laughing at everyone else. A lot of people were drinking and they got really crazy (but in a fun way). People that I don't really hear much from cut loose and it was very nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. We always get so caught up in work that we sometimes forget that we can actually have fun together! I do however regret that a lot of people left earlier than expected, so the party ended early. But I didn't go home. The night before I received a VERY unexpected phone call from a another girl that I work with (she works in another building plus we live two streets over from each other and we just started talking recently) and she wanted to know if I would come over and keep her company and wrap presents. I was a little shocked to get her call, but it was very nice to know that she wanted to spend time with me and get to know me to begin a friendship. That was a great Christmas present for me. It made me feel wanted and I haven't really felt like that lately. ANYWAY - I didn't get to go the night she called, but I told her that if I left the party early that I would stop by and help her. Well the party ended around 10:30 so I left there and called her up. She was still awake and wrapping gifts. Let me just say that I had a wonderful time just talking and enjoying one on one company with her. I stayed chatting with her until 2am. In fact, her husband woke up and joined us. I really feel a great Friendship starting - so THANK YOU SHANNON!
~Back to the party! The food was great and my co-workers in the International Department were hilarious. It was a party, although short, I'm glad I didn't miss.

Here is a picture of me and my crazy co-workers in the International Department!

Dawn, Me, Sheila, Debbie, Missy and John

{This picture only makes me realize that I want to lose weight!!!!}

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim :) said...

Glad to hear that the company work party went so well. And yeah on going to the new friends house after the party! It is always fun to make new friends.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Sounds like the party was fun, that's always good. You often see an entirely different side of people in those settings!

Glad you got everything for Austin you wanted...I was worried about you finding a good MP3 Player that late!!

We had a good Christmas too, but I'm ready to get back to normal.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.