Monday, December 26, 2005

My Christmas


Well... as most of you probably already know, I am VERY glad that Christmas is OVER! Things went well for my family, but I just get too stressed out and it kills me! Every year I really worry about giving Austin a good Christmas, which I'm sure all parents do this with their children. I always feel like I can never give him enough! But I know my child is so spoiled and has a heck of a lot more than most kids his age, but I just can't help myself! This year I was really stressing out because I'm with a new company and wasn't sure about bonuses. When I started I was told that we have always gotten bonuses, but of course they are not guaranteed! Well guess what, the year I start we don't get one!!! So I completely stress out because we were not sure if Todd would be getting one either since he's a truck driver and fuel increased so much! But thank goodness Todd got his the day before Christmas Eve, so we headed to town and bought the rest of the gifts. I know that some of you are probably thinking that I should be buying things all year, but I just don't function that way. I never have. I always wait until the last minute!

Anyway - as much as I stressed out about Austin it was all for nothing!
He was very pleased with what he got:

1. A set of King Cobra Junior Golf Clubs - {he wants to start tournament golf this spring}
2. A MP3 player - {I'm a little jealous of this one - I may have to buy myself one of these}
3. An Ole Miss Fossil Watch
4. An Ole Miss Pull Over Wind Jacket
5. An Ole Miss Hat - I bet you can't tell that he likes Ole Miss!!!
6. The Dukes of hazard DVD
7. A Remote Control Chrysler 300 car that will scale at 100 mph!!!!! This thing is HUGE!!! And of course Todd's pick! I think Todd wanted to get it for Austin so that he could play with it!

As you can see, his list wasn't long but what he got was very nice things! He is getting more difficult each year. He is at that awkward stage where he's outgrowing toys, but not quite old enough for some stuff.
A good example of that is trying to find him shoes!!!
He got money from other various family members and friends and he decided that he wanted a new pair of tennis shoes. So today we trot off to town to find him a pair of Nike Shox! Well... that just didn't work out as planned! His feet are too big for the "children sizes" but they don't have shoes small enough in the men's sizes to fit either. Austin's only option was to buy a woman's pair of shoes. NOT going to happen. Try telling your 11 year old son that he's going to have to buy women's shoes...hahahahahahahahaha. My answer was I'll go barefoot before that will happen MOM!!! {Please keep in mind that we live in a small town and we don't have many stores to choose from and I was not driving out of town on my last day off of work}

Needless to say - he found a pair of Nike Shox in the men's section that he LOVED! And of course they didn't have any small enough to fit. Well my determined child says, "Mom, it's my money and I like them and I don't care if they are a size and a half to big. I want them!" No more arguments from me after journeying through 6 stores empty handed. He'll grown into them was my reasoning.
BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!!!! My child pays $118.00 for this pair of shoes!!!!!!!!!!! I repeat, $118.00. And they aren't even fancy! I will post a picture tomorrow.
I just couldn't believe that!

Anyway - here is a picture of the car that he got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.