Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another BLUE Day...

It's raining and my mood hasn't been very good for about oh.... going on 4 years now!!!! Don't get me wrong, I understand that we all have good and bad days, but I seem to have more bad than good. I'M SICK OF IT!!! Maybe I do need to medicate myself, BUT I just can't bring myself to do that. Mainly because I know that it's all up to me to make myself happy, but it's really hard to do that when you have life kicking your ass time and time again!!!!
~~~When I hit one of my lows, instead of resorting to calling a doctor to get a prescription I pick this up...




This book was given to me by a very dear friend that I used to work with and I think it was one of the best things ever given to me!!!! I had just experienced the worst thing that has ever happened to me and, believe it or not, this very simply book helped me through that extremely tough time. I would pick it up with tears streaming down my face and just the pictures alone would help calm me. There is absolutely nothing about this book that is trivial. It is just as it reads, a lesson for me that I am human, just like all of the other people in this world. And with that, everyone else has tough times and has the same feelings as me when they are down. So if you start to feel like there is no one you can talk to, go out and buy this book and I bet you will look at the illustrations and read the words under them and you will start to feel better. It sure helps me when I'm down!

3 Comments:

Blogger MamaKBear said...

Hiya! Thanks so much for stopping by my little place and for your kind words!

Read your profile to get here, and we've got at least a couple of things in common...scrapbooking and a love of Stephen King! :) I'm bookmarking you so I can come back again.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Awwww....I gave you that, didn't I?

Maybe I should get a copy for myself! Glad it helps pick you up!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Great post! And I agree, that's a great little book. Such adorable pictures, you can't help but smile. I'm glad that it can lift your spirits!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.