Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Christmas Present to Me!

I don't get a lot of gifts for Christmas because, well we're poor and we spend all of our money on Austin. Plus, my mother lives in a different state and we don't really talk much. Anyway- Todd's mom buys me some things and I am always grateful and appreciative because she always buys me great things. This year she gave me $25 on top of the other gifts. So I journey to town to find me a nice, white sweater to go with a baby blue scarf, glove & hat set that a friend of mine gave me. I asked my friend Rachel to take pictures of me and Austin this weekend and I wanted to be wearing these in the photos. BUT...things changed while I was shopping! For over a year now I have been wanting a cream color Peacoat. I love those things, but I could never find one in my size or the right color. Plus I decided that I really didn't want the cream or light color because I would have it dirty in no time. I would go into all of the more expensive stores around my area hoping to find one to my liking, but was always disappointed. So I gave up on buying one in the spring of this year. Well low and behold, I find one when I least expect it! IN OLD NAVY!!!! I knew that they carried them, because that's where a friend of mine got hers, but I could never catch one in there. Funny how that works out, huh?
Here is my wonderful find!!!! It's just the right color and fits me great! I LOVE IT!

Get this, I only paid $40 bucks for it!!!! That is even better!!! But don't tell Todd 'cause he just doesn't need to know about the little bit of "extra" that came out of the account! shhh

HERE'S THE BUMMER - Sunday you could have stood outside and pissed and your pee would freeze instantly. I buy the coat yesterday then today..well, it's only 71 degrees today! WTF!
And the weather is showing warm weather all week! Oh the joys of living in the South. You never know what to expect! Guess I will have to wait for the rain then the cold weather to sneak back in.
I never did run across the RIGHT white sweater that I was looking for, but I'm happy about my coat. And I don't care if it's 90 degrees outside, I will have on my coat, scarf, gloves and hat for the photos, DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee H Shaw said...

Glad you posted a pic, cause I had no idea what the fuck a PEA COAT was.....and why do they call it that????

You shuck peas while wearing it? lol

Welcome back whore!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I know what a Pea Coat is, I'm more sophisticated than Shaw, LOLOL! Love the coat. And as long as you aren't sweating in the photos, nobody will know it was hot out! (and you can always airbrush out the sweat in Photoshop)

And I agree with you about the shoes, that's just crazy!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.