Monday, March 27, 2006

GETTING OLD!!!!!

Have you ever wondered at what point in your life are you “officially” old???
I don’t think that I’m quite there YET, but I sure am on my way and this is why…

~I find myself interested in Lifetime, Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel more than MTV.

~When I see young couples hand in hand or loving on each other I always think, “Are they even old enough to leave the house without an adult present?” – knowing they are mid-late teens and I, myself used to look the same way!

~The weight that I used to think looked good on people when I was younger now seems too thin and I see people and want to feed them because they look like bones! (This could be because I’m a fat butt now, not because of my age!!)

~To go out partying and drinking holds no interest in me. I’d rather hang out with friends at a bar-b-que, bowling (even though I HATE to bowl), movies, etc…

~Caring more about making sure my bills are paid rather than spending my money on that great outfit!

~Seeing a teen in a really cute outfit, but thinking that her skirt is WAY TOO SHORT!

~Reading the labels on things wondering what the hell they really put in foods, drinks, medications, etc… When before it never really mattered to me! I just trusted it was safe.

~Wanting to move out “to the country” for simplicity and serenity instead of being right near town for convenience and accessibility.

~I find myself listening to more of the softer music rather the hard core metal that I use to listen to.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love my classics that I grew up with like AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Guns and Roses, Quiet Riot, etc…, but they no longer are considered hard core. I just don’t make an effort to listen to the new aged hard core bands these days. I will hear a song every now and then I like, but I won’t just run out and buy the CD like I used to.

~I’d rather listen to the more “mild comedians” like the Blue Collar guys instead of someone like Chris Rock.

~Worrying about and discussing health issues when I used to think I was invincible and would say to myself, “that won’t happen to me!”

OK, those are just some of the reasons, there are many, many more!
So do you see where I’m coming from? I know that I am still young, but I have always felt like an “old soul” and I think it is really catching up with me.
I hope these aren’t signs that when I’m in my 50’s I’m not one of those old women that sit out on the front porch knitting, shooing young kids off my lawn and swearing at them shaking my fist and yelling DAMN KIDS!!!!
I hope to save that for when I’m in my 70’s or 80’s!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennydicks said...

I consider getting old when I can reach into my medicine cabinet and pull out my own bottle of IcyHot and not have to ask my dad if I can use some of his :)

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.