Friday, November 18, 2005

My Dog ate my homework....or something like that!


Why is it when children or animals do something wrong that when you look at them you have a hard time punishing them?

Picture this -

At my workplace we celebrate Thanksgiving by having a lunch together with the whole company that wants to participate. We all bring a dish. Those of you who know me know that I HATE TO COOK!!!!! I wouldn't even walk in a kitchen if I didn't have to. I normally just go to a bakery and pick something up. But for some reason, I felt the need to go all out and actually bake something!! Please don't pass out from that statement! I know it's very shocking, but hang in here with me. I bought the stuff to make a Gingerbread Cake and double fudge cookies. All went well. I got everything prepared to go for our Thanksgiving feast! I took my delicious goodies out of the oven and placed them on top of the stove to cool. I then proceeded to go into my bedroom to watch CSI (the first time to actually get to watch it this season). Needless to say, I fell asleep. BIG MISTAKE!!! I woke up the next morning only to find the empty containers still placed very neatly on top of my stove LICKED CLEAN! My very beautiful Golden retriever had apparently felt the need for a midnight snack and helped himself to my treats! "COPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled. He trots around the corner for me to see that puzzled, head sideways look that he often gives when he KNOWS he is in trouble. I know he does that to me intentionally so he won't get a spanking! And it works every time! My heart just melts away and I can't find it in me to punish him.
Needless to say - I ended up making my trip to the bakery that morning!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee H Shaw said...

Good story.....lolololololol

6:48 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Funny story, but that sucks. Bad dog!!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dixiedynamite74. Make your own badge here.